1. We’ve raised over $6k in the first two days of the campaign! If things keep moving along at this pace, we should be fully funded in no time. If we manage to exceed the funding goal, I’ll be able to collect stories and portraits in more places that aren’t currently on my list (I have my eye on Wyoming and Montana—there are some incredible people I’d like to meet out there). All that said, please continue to share the link as much as you possibly can, especially on Facebook. Here it is:http://livethroughthis.org/ks
2. I’ll be speaking about Live Through This at the spring benefit for the Brooklyn College chapter ofTWLOHA tomorrow night. If you would like to attend, tickets are $5. It’s at the Macalulay Honors College, 35 W 67th St, at 6pm. (I’m terrified. Wish me luck?)
3. We’re having a Live Through This fundraising party at TUFFET next Thursday night, 2/28, at 7:30pm. TUFFET is located at 286 Graham Avenue in Brooklyn. There will be large-scale prints of the portraits on display, and several of the people who have been so brave as to share their stories will be on-hand for you to meet. You can RSVP on Facebook here. I would love it if you’d come out and support the project, but I also have incentives!
- DJ Ashleigh Walker will be spinning amazing tunes from the 50s to the present!
- Drink specials! $6 glasses of red wine, white wine, and seasonal sangria (I recall having a rosemary pear sangria last time I was out there—it was delicious).
- Raffle prizes include: CDs signed by Henry Rollins; jewelry by Nina Loren (runner up on Season 1 of Project Accessory & childhood friend); mini-portrait sessions from Danfredo Photography; a 10 minute phone conversation with Charlotte Martin; a signed book by Neil Gaiman; art by Jason Sho Green; a signed Backstreet Boys canvas; and prints made and signed by yours truly. If you’re an artist or a business owner and you’d like to donate something for the event, please contact Felicidad Garcia at email@example.com.
- Everyone who donates $10 or more at the event will get a super cute, super-secret LTT trinket (sponsored in part by Brooklyn Charm).
And there you have it. I’m going to shut up now. Thank you so much for your support. I can’t tell you how amazing it is to see this project coming to life the way it has over the past couple of days.