(1) Keep It Civil | In order for discussions to thrive, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Name-calling, ad-hominem arguments, inflammatory or knee-jerk contradictions, and responding to anything other than the content of the comments will not be tolerated. Personal attacks, harassment, and otherwise hateful rhetoric (including- but not limited to- sexist, racist, misogynist, homophobic, ableist, ageist, xenophobic, and other broad, offensive generalizations about groups of people) will not be tolerated.
(2) Enforcing And Reporting | Abusive behaviors will result in appropriate action. These abusive behaviors include: 1) targeted, systemic harassment, or encouraging others to do so; 2) direct threats of harm towards a specific individual or groups of individuals; 3) spam, such as promoting products or services; 4) impersonation intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others; 5) posting personally identifiable information, such as home/work address, phone number, email, SSN, or credit card numbers; and 6) inappropriate profile content, such as excessive violence or hypersexual/pornographic content.
(3) If You See Something, Say Something | Moderators may not catch everything. Combatting spam, mediating disputes, and enforcing these guidelines are aided by a group effort. If you see an issue, contact the moderators or flag specific comments for review. If you believe someone has violated the Basic Rules, report it to Disqus by flagging the user’s profile.
(4) Add Value | Always strive to add value to every interaction and discussion you participate in.
(5) Keep It Tidy | Help make moderators’ lives easier. This includes: 1) Don’t post off-topic comments or discussions; 2) Don’t cross-post the same thing on multiple threads; 3) Utilize the “Reply” nesting features for replies; and 4) Strive for clarity and brevity.
(6) Moderation | It is the moderator’s sole discretion to remove any comments or threads that are felt to violate the spirit of the Live Through This community, regardless of the specificity or inclusion of such behaviors in these expressed guidelines.