Legal, Privacy, and Data Protection
This notice discloses the privacy practices, data protection practices, and legal disclaimers for Live Through This (“Live Through This”, “LTT”, “We,” “Us,” “LiveThroughThis.com”), housed at <www.livethroughthis.com>. This notice applies solely to any potential information collection by- and through the use of- this website and its services (“Service”).
(1) Disclaimer | Live Through This provides the information on these pages as a public service for informational purposes only. Information contained in these pages is not intended to be, and should not be taken as, legally-binding advice. All information provided through this website is provided “as-is, where-is” and without any warranties of any kind. Your use of this website does not constitute or establish a relationship with Live Through This; however, you may subscribe to mailings, fill out forms, and respond to surveys, or comment on posts throughout this website, in which case you agree to Live Through This’ Terms and Conditions.
(2) Copyright & Trademarks | This site, and all the information it contains, including but not limited to articles, blog posts, designs, drawings, illustrations, photographs, videos, opinions, text, guides, trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos (“Protected Information”) are the intellectual property of Live Through This, its contributors, and licensors, and is protected from unauthorized use, copying, distribution and dissemination by U.S. Copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. All rights reserved. You may not use our Protected Information without express written consent.
(3) Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
(3a) Expectation of Privacy | We are the sole owners of the information collected on this website. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily and knowingly provide to us. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order. Unless you request otherwise, we may contact you in the future to inform you of service and product updates, specials, additions, or changes to this policy.
(3b) Personally Identifiable Information | Live Through This viewers may be asked to voluntarily provide certain information, such as in contact forms and user registrations (such as name and email address). This information is only used to contact you about your request or content in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is never required.
(3c) Non-Personally Identifiable Information | Live Through This may collect and use non-personally identifiable information for customer convenience and analytics through Google Analytics, Google Console, and WordPress. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your browser information, device information, and other information about your use of- and actions on- the Service, such as information about the content you viewed or interacted with, what pages you clicked on, what images or articles you viewed, date and time information, and other information about your online activity solely as it relates to the use of Live Through This.
(3e) Cookies | Live Through This may send one or more cookies– a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters– to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and allows you to log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. Live Through This may use both persistent cookies, which remain on your hard drive after you close your browser, and session cookies, which terminate when you close your browser. You may disable cookies at any time, though some features may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
(3e) Applicability and Third-Party Services | Certain actions on the site may utilize third-party softwares and APIs, such as the use of our comment forums, and purchasing products through our Shopify store. We are not responsible for the practices employed by those third parties, or the information or content contained or gathered from you thereon.
(3f) Your Access to- and Control Over- Information | You may opt out of any future contacts at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided: a) See what data we have about you, if any; b) Change/correct any data we have about you; c) Have us delete any data we have about you; d) Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
(4) Information Security | We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information, your information is protected both online and offline. If and when we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us with redundant security measures. You can verify this by looking for the lock icon in the address bar and for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage, indicating the encryption is active and secure. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment with multiple layers of redundant encryption.
(5) Contacting Us | If there are any questions, or if you feel we are not abiding by these policies, you may contact us using the following methods.
Last Updated on June 21, 2018.